Thursday, April 14, 2022

What Do You Want?

by Kay Heitsch
It's important to know what you want in life. For example, most people want to know what will happen after they die. So they will accept what Jesus accomplished on the cross for them.
However, there's much more to life than knowing where you're going when you die. Our eternal life is a done deal by our acceptance of what Jesus did for us. We can't add anything to it.
But now what? What kind of life do we want to have?
I want to live the abundant life Jesus died to give me right here. I love the Bible because it tells us how to do that. The more I studied the Bible, the more I had love, peace, and joy in my daily life.
The following Bible verse is one of my favorite. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. John 10:10 ESV
How much of our lives are we allowing the thief to steal? That is entirely up to us. We have the Bible that tells us to love others as we love ourselves, forgive not only others but ourselves, stay in peace, be thankful, always rejoice, etc.
Unfortunately, I allowed the thief to steal enough of my life. So, with the LORD's help, I want to put the Bible into practice and live the abundant life that Jesus died to give me.
I pray each one of you reading this will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment