Monday, January 31, 2022

You'll Be Glad you Did

by Kay Heitsch.

Everyone has an opinion on just about everything. People have beliefs about God too. I suppose these beliefs come from what we were taught or what other people have told us.
There came a time in my life when I had to find out what I believed for myself. Oh, I had been fed a lot of doctrines and was told what others thought I should consider. However, I knew I needed to find out what I personally needed to understand for myself.
Now you talk about an eye-opening experience! I could hardly believe what I was learning. But, to my amazement, the things I was understanding were freeing! I found a text that said, If you abide in My word, you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. John 8:32.
I had an opinion on who God was and what He was like. Not from knowing Him personally, but from the doctrine I was fed. Primarily these doctrines were about following rules and laws. Nothing about this teaching gave me any desire to know God personally.
Interestingly, I started this quest 7 years before Todd died. However, after Todd died, I intensified my search. I now had other questions I needed answers for. But by that time, I knew the LORD was loving and kind. So I wanted to get to know Him more.
The LORD knows everything about us. He knows what we have been taught and what we need to know. So don't be just spoon-fed. Find out for yourself! I can assure you, you'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment