Monday, October 25, 2021

Keep The Brain Cool

by Kay Heitsch

Years ago, when I first read Dr. Peale's books, I was amazed at how he presented the Bible. He showed how the Bible was an instruction book on having a great life right here on earth. He also showed how medical science and the Bible worked together.
I found it fascinating to learn that when we stay calm, our brains work more efficiently. When we are upset and stressed, our brains get hot. When they do, we will not think as well.
It's no wonder why the Bible talks so much about not worrying and living in fear. There are many verses about staying calm and having God's peace on the inside. These verses help keep us quiet and our brains functioning at maximum levels.
There is so much going on in our world today that can keep us upset and our brains hot. Many studies show how stress has adverse effects on our health.
To keep our brains cool and working at their best, Dr. Peale suggested finding as many Bible verses as possible on peace and not living in worry and fear and highlighting them.
So when I read about highlighting these verses, I bought a paperback Bible and some colored pencils and highlighted as many verses that I read that talked about worry, fear, and peace. I personally found great peace by highlighting these verses. I highly recommend doing it. It's also a great way to keep the brain cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment