Saturday, July 18, 2020

Come On Now!

by Kay Heitsch

Live a good life! And in the end, it's not the years in your life, it's the life in your years. ~ Abraham Lincoln Quote ~

Last night I was talking to a friend. I told her that I have lived more years than I have left and I intend to enjoy the years I have left.

Today's Bible verse changed my thinking when I read it years ago. "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." John 10:10 ESV

Come on now, why would I allow the thief to steal, kill, and destroy my life? We see signs of his work all around. It's not only the things we see on the news these days. It's horrible! We also allow the thief to steal our abundant life by living in worry and stress. We worry about tomorrow; we stress about today. We live in regret about yesterday.

Since I have lived more years than I have left I intend to enjoy the life that Jesus died to give me. I hope and pray you will too.

Live a good life! And in the end, it's not the years in your life, it's the life in your years.

No comments:

Post a Comment