Friday, March 6, 2020

Fear

We've all had to deal with the feeling of fear in our lives. The side effects of fear come in many different ways. For me personally, I've experienced, uncontrollable shaking, sweating, heart racing and stomach issues.
However, there came a day when my fear got so bad I had all of these side effects at once plus I started to have a horrible nose bleed. It was this day that changed my life forever.
As I was standing with my head in the sink, watching the blood dripping, these words came softly to my mind. "Kay, I did not give you this spirit of fear! I've given you power, love, and a sound mind." I was stunned. I felt right away this thought must be coming from the LORD.
At that time I hadn't read the Bible much so I didn't even know these words were in the Bible. You can imagine my surprise when I stumbled on almost the exact words in 2 Timothy 1:7 many months later.
Fear is something we all have to deal with. When we realize how much we are loved by God we do not have to allow fear to hinder us from doing whatever we need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment