Monday, February 10, 2020

I Have A Right

Have you ever thought when you're sad, "I have a right to feel this way?" I've even said, "I have a right and a reason to feel this way."
We may have a right and even a reason to feel or be the way we are. But that doesn't mean we need to stay that way.
One day when I was thinking, "I have a right to feel sad" another thought came, "Yes you do have a right to feel sad, but you also have a right to feel happy."
There are two Bible verses I have come to love. "In the world, you'll have trouble. But cheer up! I have overcome the world." John 16:33 GWT And "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." John 10:10 ESV
In this world, we will have trouble. The thief comes to kill, steal and destroy. This is true! We may have a reason to be sad. But let's not forget, Jesus came to give us an abundant life right here on earth so we can cheer up!
We may have a right and a reason to feel sad, but we also have a right and a reason to feel happy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment