Monday, November 25, 2019

Be Grateful For Little Things

Happy are those who take life day by day and are grateful for little things. ~ Be Thankful For Little Things 
Many years ago when I worked at a Memory Care Center a man came in with a feeding tube. Ken had lived with this feeding tube for some time but eventually, it was removed.
I will never forget the day Ken was able to sit at the dining room table and eat some pureed food. He had a big smile on his face and dug right in. After he had eaten it all he bowed his head and started to pray out loud. "Our Father who art in heaven thank you for this delicious food I have already eaten. Amen"
Tears filled my eyes when I heard Ken's prayer. I knew I may not have been too grateful for some pureed food, but Ken was making a big deal out of what we may consider a little thing.

Happy are those who take life day by day and are grateful for little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment