Friday, January 25, 2019

Peace On The Inside

Do you realize we can be resting on the outside but be in total unrest on the inside? How many times do we lie in bed supposedly resting when our thoughts are going a mile a minute?
I have learned the hard way that sitting or lying down on the outside does hardly any good if I'm worrying, uptight and stressed out inside.
Personally, I've had health problems because of not staying at peace on the inside. I know this may sound crazy but I'm kinda thankful that I learned my health issues were directly related to stress because now I can do something about them.
Today I learned what I can say to help myself, "Let not your heart be troubled" when I encounter a situation that is starting to cause me stress. (see John 14:27) If I want to stay peaceful on the inside I have to do my part and keep stress out of my mind before it affects my health.
Maybe this is not an issue for you, but if it is, you can join me in saying, "Let not your heart be troubled" when you feel stress starting to rear its ugly head.

No comments:

Post a Comment