Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Learning To Deal With Stress

by Kay Heitsch
If anyone knows me very well they know I am high strung. Now having this type of personality has its pluses and minuses. I have a lot of energy, but I can also allow situations and people to get on my last nerve. I'm sure there's no one else like this. ðŸ˜€
Over the years I've had to deal with health issues because of allowing myself to get upset. Stress is a major cause of a lot of health problems, not only for me but for others too.
My first serious stress-related health issue came when Todd died. I started to have severe pain in my stomach. When it hit I would be doubled over on the floor in a fetal position. I'd go to bed and calm myself and eventually I'd get relief.
All my stressfulness lead to another health issue. I still have it now if I allow myself to get upset by situations or people.
I've learned a lot from dealing with these health issues. It's amazing how I can calm myself down when I know I will not like the consequences if I don't.
I've learned to change the channel on the TV and also change the channel in my thoughts. I've learned to scroll past posts on FB and not be drawn into unnecessary drama.
Life is too short to live in upset and stress. I've learned both are powerless without my reaction. I'm learning to live the let go life!  

No comments:

Post a Comment