Tuesday, September 25, 2018

People Talk

Over the years I have had many people talk about me. Sadly to say, a lot was very negative.
At first, as a teenager, I put on a tough act and said I didn't give a 'blank' what they said. But I'll admit when I got older the hateful things bothered me greatly. When I thought about the mean things that were said directly or mostly indirectly I would cry.
One day I came across this Bible verse that helped me. It read, "It is dangerous to be concerned with what others think of you, but if you trust the LORD, you are safe." Proverbs 29:25 GNT
There's a quote that goes, "The greatest prison people live in is the fear of what other people think about them."
People talk! But we can break out of the prison of fear of what people think or say about us when we know how dangerous it is. As for me, I'm going to trust the LORD because I know when I do I am safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment