Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Every Season Serves A Purpose

Appreciate where you are in your journey, even if it's not where you want to be. Every season serves a purpose. ~ Who's Knocking On Your Door Quotes ~
Last night my next door neighbor posted on FB that someone had tried to break into their home around 2:00 AM the night before. Of course, they called the police. The police didn't find anyone.
I began chatting with them and other neighbors about this unsettling situation. There wasn't too much I could do so I did what I could. I turned on the outside lights, I left a light on downstairs, I locked the doors including the bedroom door, I put the key fob next to the bed by my phone. Now the most important thing I did was ask people to pray and I did the same. After all that I told myself, "Kay, you've done what you can. Trust the Lord, stop worrying and go to sleep." And that I did!
Years ago I was a chief worrier. I let fear and worry control me. I could feel it creeping in. Last night I quoted to myself, "Let not your heart be troubled!" (see John 14:1)
Our Bible verse says, "Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done." Philippians 4:6 NLT
We can appreciate where we are in our journey, even if it's not where we want to be. We don't need to worry when we can pray about everything. For me, I'm better than I was but I'm not where I want to be. Every season serves a purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment