Friday, August 24, 2018

Eating At The Table

I heard a message today that cause me to rethink the 23rd Psalm. We all know this Psalm and have heard it quoted many times.
The part that caused me to rethink this was "You prepare a table/feast before me in the presence of my enemies." Psalm 23:5 Somehow I knew this Psalm was not talking about the food we eat, but I hadn't thought about what it was really talking about.
Today it dawned on me that the table/feast is a great life that has been prepared for us. A life where we aren't overwhelmed by our troubles. We can rise above the storms and find the sunshine.
Another Bible verse that came to me was "The thief comes only that he might steal and might kill and might destroy. I came that they may have life, and may have it abundantly." John 10:10
As I saw it today when we live the abundant life that Jesus died to give us we are eating at the table that He has prepared for us in the presence of our enemies.

No comments:

Post a Comment