Monday, August 13, 2018

A Sound Mind

Today I watched a program on TV. People were asked to stand up if they ever worried about getting dementia or Alzheimers. I was surprised that nearly every person there stood up.
I remember years ago feeling so stressed that I started to sweat and my nose began to bleed. As I was bent over the sink, with blood dripping out, this Bible verse came to my mind, "For God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7
I thought about this verse when I saw all of these people standing. I would lie if I said I never thought about getting dementia or Alzheimer myself.
Seeing all these people standing I knew I would be one of them. I thought about how God does not give us a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind.
Whenever a fear thought of getting dementia or Alzheimers enters my mind I'm going to remember this verse. For God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power, and love and of a sound mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment