Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Zip Your Lip

Isn't it hard to zip your lip when someone says something you don't agree with? For years my first response was to say something sarcastic so they knew without a doubt I did not agree. I'm still tempted at times, believe me!
Over the years as I studied the Bible I found there was a better way to live. I could see how Jesus responded to people when He was under pressure. In Isaiah, it reads, "He was oppressed and treated harshly, yet he never said a word." Also in John 14:30 "I will not say much more to you, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold over me" Looks like we open the door to trouble when we don't zip our lip.
I believe there are times when we need to speak up. But we all know there are times when it would have been best to zip our lip.
When we are under pressure and we're tempted to say a few choice words we can remember there's a better way to live. Being right is highly overrated. There are times when it's better to zip your lip!

No comments:

Post a Comment