Friday, November 3, 2017

Stay In Your Lane

Run your own race and stay in your lane. Stop comparing yourself to others. God has a specific path for you. ~ Run Your Own Race Quotes ~
I like that "Stay In Your Lane" part of this quote. Too often we think maybe we should be doing what someone else is doing.
I remember years ago I went to a nursing home every Thursday to visit and pass out candy. I enjoyed doing this. One day a friend said, "Maybe I should be going to a nursing home too, but I don't like doing that." This was not the lane this friend needed to be in. It was my lane at the time.
Today's Bible verse says, For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11 NLT
God has a specific path for all of us. This verse says, I know the plans I have for "you." God gives ability to everyone for their particular service." 1 Corinthians 12:6 TEV
Let's run our own race and stay in our lane. We don't need to compare ourselves to others. God has a specific path for us. He'll give us the ability to do whatever our particular service is.

No comments:

Post a Comment