Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Why Worry?

"Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything. It just messes with your mind and steals your happiness." ~ Why Worry Quotes ~
Years ago I was addicted to worry. I worried about everything. It messed with my happiness and started to affect my physical health as well.
I would have a big worry day. It wasn't long after that I would have severe stomach pain. Finally, a light bulb went off. Is this worry really worth this pain? I thought I couldn't stop. But I found out I could and did!
One week at church the minister asked if there was anything people wanted to give up. It didn't take me too long to know I wanted to give up worry. I told the Lord this was my prayer.
Every time a worry thought came to my mind I'd say, "I trust you Lord." I refused to allow the worry thought any space in my thinking.
This Bible verse has helped me. "Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done" Philippians 4:6 NLT
I can honestly say I worry very little now. I won't say some worry thoughts don't try to creep in my mind, but now I trust the Lord with my worry thoughts.
I know that "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything. It just messes with your mind and steals your happiness."

No comments:

Post a Comment