Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Life Is Short

"Today will never come again. Be a blessing. Be a friend. Encourage someone. Take time to care. Be kind. Life is short...show LOVE!"
Why do you workout at Planet Fitness? I've been asked that question on several occasions. We normally get into some discussion about health, but I usually end up saying, "To feel good mentally and physically today!" I'm also a people person and I've met some wonderful people there.
Life is short! We don't know when our last day will be here. Working out, in my opinion, will not prolong your life. But it will help you feel better while you're here.
One of my Planet Fitness friends died this week. Joe was only 56 and he seemed to be in fairly good health. He had some health issues like most people, but no one there expected him to die!
Joe was like a guy from the show, "Cheers." He was friendly to everyone. He made you feel he was glad you came over to PF to workout. When I'd walked in he'd call out. "Hey KK!" with a big smile.
Joe even brought in a little cake on a few occasions to people who had completed their goals to congratulate them.
I heard someone tease Joe about spending more time chatting than working out. Joe just laughed it off. Little did the person know Joe had already lost close to 100 pounds. We judge too quickly!
Maybe Joe knew his life would be short, I don't know; but he lived today's quote everyday. "Today will never come again. Be a blessing. Be a friend. Encourage someone. Take time to care. Be kind. Life is short...show LOVE!"

No comments:

Post a Comment