Tuesday, February 7, 2017

I Found It!

I guess by now most of you who read anything I write, know I write from my heart. I'd like to share some things that may shock you. You may not agree and that's okay. We are all on our own journey!
I was not a Christian when Todd died. I really don't know what I considered myself, but I knew I wanted nothing to do with religion.
Years ago a minister came over to our home.. He asked, "Kay, don't you want to go to heaven?" I answered quickly, "Quite frankly NO! I don't want to spend one hour a week with you religious people. Why would I want to spend eternity."
Many years after this visit and before Todd's death I started reading some books by Dr Norman V. Peale. Dr Peale told stories about people who had such amazing faith and love for the Lord that their lives were completely different from anyone I knew. I wanted that kind of life! Dr Peale quoted Bible verses though out his books showing how these people thought and lived their lives.
After Todd died I bought myself a Bible. I figured I'd buy a Bible and study it to see if I could find what these people had.
The more I studied the more I learned. I actually saw people I knew while reading the Bible. I remember thinking, "I know these people!" Sorry to say when I felt that way the people I knew were the finger pointing religious. The exact people I wanted nothing to do with.
I also saw other people who had tremendous strength in the face of adversity. I was seeing how to live a life of love depending on the Lord.
As I continued studying I started to develop a personal relationship with the author of the Bible. I could see how it was all connected. I was beginning to understand how these people Dr Peale talked about lived their lives of faith and LOVE.
Now years have gone by and I can honestly say, I Found It! What have I found? I've found what these people had that I wanted. A deep personal relationship with the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment