Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Rise Above It!

It's raining today and I thought about one of my favorite lines that Dr. Norman V. Peale quoted a lot. "Rise above the storm and you will find the sunshine!"
I had these words typed out and on our refrigerator for years. I can still hear Dr. Peale's booming voice preaching, "Rise above it! Rise above it!"
Today I read about the eagle. You know that when it rains most birds head for shelter. The eagle is the only bird, that in order to avoid the rain, starts flying above the clouds! I love that! Eagles soar high and rise above the storm!
I love today's Bible verse, "But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31
We all go through rainy seasons and even storms in our lives. We can be like an eagle and sore high! We can also do what Dr Peale encourages us to do, "Rise above the storm and you will find the sunshine."

No comments:

Post a Comment