Sunday, January 8, 2017

Living Life Playing Trivial Pursuit Or Risk

by Kay Heitsch
I've lived a lot of my life playing, Trivial Pursuit. What I mean by living life playing trivial pursuit is living life pursuing what the world thinks is important. I've learned that what the world thinks is important is like chasing the wind.
After Todd died and I gave my life to the Lord I started to view life differently. I started to see that playing Trivial Pursuit wasn't what I wanted to play anymore.
I started to think in a whole new way. I knew that this way of living by simple faith in the Lord would require playing, Risk. I wasn't in control of Risk like I was in Trivial Pursuit. I was stepping out by simple faith and this could be risky.
Living life started to become exciting! I woke up wondering what good things the day would hold. I often had, and still do have, negative thoughts that try to slip in, but now I know I can cast them out! When the thought, "You can't do that!" comes I simply say, "I know I can't, but I trust that God can work through me!"
I've had some amazing experiences since I stopped playing, Trivial Pursuit and by turning my life over to the Lord. I'll admit it's seemed risky at times, but it's a lot better than playing, Trivial Pursuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment