Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Don't Worry

Today's quote made me smile and was one I hadn't heard before. "Worrying is like walking around with an umbrella waiting for it to rain." ~ Don't Worry Quotes ~
I had heard this quote before. "Worry is like sitting in a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but doesn't get you anywhere."
Worry can have consequences though. Have you ever heard people say, "I'm just worried sick?" I sure have and I've actually made myself sick from worrying and allowing myself to get upset.
The Bible has a lot to say about fear and worry. It's been said there are 365 texts about it. After reading most I can put it in one word. DON'T!
Today's Bible verse is one to keep in our minds when we are temped to worry. "Don't worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God." Philippians 4:6 HCSB
I had a sweat shirt with these words printed on it, "Don't Worry! Be Happy!" Good advice in these troubled times.

No comments:

Post a Comment