Thursday, December 29, 2016

The Mother's Club

by Kay Heitsch
As most of you know by now Debbie Reynolds died one day after her daughter Carrie died. When I heard Debbie was taken to the hospital after Carrie's death my heart went out to her. I thought, "I'm sure Debbie has belonged to many clubs over the years, but now she's in a club no mother wants to be in."
The Mother's Club is a club mothers who's children have died know all too well about. It's a club of the broken hearted. No mother wants to be in this club, but there are many of us who are.
We all have different ways of dealing with the death of our child. It's very difficult to live with a broken heart. It doesn't matter how many years have gone by our hearts are still broken.
Is it possible to actually live with a broken heart? I'm here to tell you that it is! I do it every day!
Do tears come to my eyes for no apparent reason? Yes! Do I think of Todd? Yes! Is my heart still broken? Oh you bet it is! But I have chosen to LIVE in spite of my broken heart.
If you have a broken heart today please know that you too can LIVE even if you belong to, The Mother's Club.
Give the Lord your broken heart. He will pour his healing balm of LOVE on it. He will assure you that LOVE never dies! You can then LIVE with your broken heart and allow God's LOVE to shine through you and help you live fully every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment