Friday, December 9, 2016

One Christmas

by Kay Heitsch
Today's quote, "The best gifts in the world are not in the material, objects one can buy at the store, but in the memories we make with the people we love." This quote brought back a memory from years ago.
My dad had a very rough childhood. He actually hated Christmas. It wasn't until I was grown that he seemed to feel the love that Christmas can bring.
One year Dad came to our house for Christmas. My Aunt Carmel, Uncle Fred, Pat and family came too. Patty sat down at our piano and started to play some Christmas Carols. Shannon was around 3 years old and she climbed up on my dad's lap. Dad handed her the song book and they both were doing their best to sing out loud and proud!
This was one Christmas I will never forget. It made my heart happy to bring some joy to my Dad. It was a long time coming, but I believe he felt the love that Christmas can bring when we open up our hearts to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment