Saturday, December 3, 2016

Let the SON Shine!

by Kay Heitsch
It's very difficult to move forward when you have a child die. It's easy to let the shadows of yesterday spoil the sunshine of today.
When I read this quote, "Don't let the shadows of yesterday spoil the sunshine of today! I thought of Todd.
Our son Todd died on a Saturday. I didn't want to live in the shadows of yesterday. I wanted the Son to shine through the shadows of that day.
Many years ago I started to send out emails on Saturday in loving memory of Todd. I called it, "Let the SON Shine!" It was a play on words, but I wanted the SON's (Jesus') LOVE to shine through the shadows of Todd's death. I also started a blog to record special stories by the same name.
Today is yet another Saturday. It's cloudy here today, but I know no matter the weather the SON still shines.

No comments:

Post a Comment