Thursday, December 15, 2016

A Little Can Of Peanuts Saved The Day

by Kay Heitsch
When I got up this morning I noticed a can of peanuts on the counter. I thought, "You better take those down the basement before you're tempted to eat them."
When I got to the bottom of the steps in the basement I noticed A LOT of WATER on the floor. I wasn't sure where it was coming from. I ran over to the NEW hot water heater and NEW furnace. Water was coming from somewhere!  As I looked carefully I saw a steady stream of water coming from under the humidifier connected to the furnace. I ran and got my phone, a pail, and the shop vac.
I called the company who installed both the hot water heater and furnace. Within an hour they were out.
Today's quote hit home. "Happy are those who take life day by day and are thankful for little things."
I'm very thankful for the 'little can of peanuts' that needed to go to the basement. I can't imagine how bad it would have been had I not gone down the basement when I did.
A little can of peanuts saved the day! Plus, a little nudge from the Lord to take them down when I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment