Saturday, September 3, 2016

Why Am I Here?

by Kay Heitsch
So many people ask the question, "Why am I here?" I know I did for many years.
After Todd died I had an insight to why I was here. I could clearly see that this world was not Todd's home or mine. We were only here for a time. "For this world is not our permanent home; we are looking forward to a home yet to come." Hebrews 13:14 NLT
Today's quote reminded me of that, "We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is, To Observe, To Learn, To Grow, To Love, and then we return home."
One of the most important insights I had was that our love/relationships with God, others, and ourselves, is the biggest reason why we are here. Because in the end that's what we will take back home. 1 Corinthians 13:8 says, "Love is eternal."
So why are we here? To Observe, To Learn, To Grow, and most important To Love! Because "Love is eternal."

No comments:

Post a Comment