Monday, September 26, 2016

Want Friends?

by Kay Heitsch
I think most people want to have friends. For some people I believe it's hard for them. Maybe it's hard because they are waiting for other people to be friendly to them first. I don't know.
There's a Bible verse that says, "A man who has friends must himself be friendly. But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." Proverbs 18:24 NKJV
This verse says a lot on how to have friends, If you want friends you must be friendly. It doesn't say others must be friendly to you. We need to be the one who is friendly first. Sometimes people just need to be shown how. For me I start by a friendly smile. I've made many friends over the years by the simple act of a smile.
What do you do if a friend isn't around? The second part of this verse tells us that we always have a friend. "There is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." Most of you know who this friend is. Our Lord also said, "I will be with you always...Matthew 28:20
If we want friends we need to show ourselves friendly. But always remember, "You Got A Friend" a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment