Sunday, August 14, 2016

Get Up! Get Dressed!

by Kay Heitsch
When I was a child I saw first hand what "Get up! Get dressed!" did for a person.
My mom had a sister who seemed to be sick all the time. We would go and visit and sure enough my aunt was sitting in her robe, depressed, with the shades closed.
The minute my mom walked in her house I can still hear her words, "Get up! Get dressed!" as she went around opening all the shades.
There was no arguing with my mom. My aunt knew my mom meant business. It was amazing the transformation of my aunt when she did get up and get dressed and allowed the light to shine in her house. The rest of the day was filled with lots of laughter telling old stories and jokes! I can still remember some! 
Today's quote reminded me of this "No matter how you feel. Get up, get dressed, show up and never give up."
I learned so much from watching how getting up and getting dressed can really help a person. When we show up and never give up we're helping ourselves and others too.

No comments:

Post a Comment