Tuesday, June 7, 2016

The Power of Love

by Kay Heitsch
I've seen what the power of love can do many times over the years. I'd like to share one story that touched me.
I was watching a murder trial play out. This defendant was a despicable human being. The day came for the sentencing. There was high tension in the air of the courtroom.
As I watched family members address the defendant hatred was spewed out of each one of them. The defendant sat with a smug, hardened look on his face. He was unmoved.
Finally, a woman stood up to address this man. I don't remember what she said, but her words were not filled with hatred. You could feel the atmosphere in the courtroom start to change.
All of a sudden this formally smug, hardened, defendant started to weep uncontrollably.
I was stunned to witness, once again, the power of love.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment