Wednesday, April 20, 2016

What Do I Take For Granted?

by Kay Heitsch
Have you ever thought about all the things you take for granted?
Over the years I've met people who have lost the ability to do the things I just take for granted.
Bill's Grandma Z lost the ability to see and walk. I do these things everyday and never give it a thought.
My Aunt Ruth could not eat because of a stroke. As a result she was fed through a tube in her stomach. Another thing she could not do is talk. I have no problem doing both.
My Dad could not breathe on his own. He had to be hooked up to an oxygen tank.
I'm sure we can all think of many things we can do that others have lost the ability to do.
Today I'm going to stop and think of things I take for granted that deserve my gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment