Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Make Good Memories

by Kay Heitsch
"Make good memories" is a quote Bill's Grandma Z told me over the years. At the time I didn't pay that much attention, but the older I get the more I understand what she was saying.
This past weekend we met Brandon, Joe, Shannon, and the boys at an indoor water park. To be honest I am not the water park type person. But to see the joy on those little boy's faces was a memory I won't forget.
Believe it or not, I actually went down the water slides and floated down the "Lazy River." Floating down the lazy river wasn't too much of a surprise for me. However, the water slides were. One trip down I somehow let go of the handles at the end and sky rocketed out of the tube. Let's just say it was funny after it was over. LOL!
Bill and I wanted to do what Grandma Z said, "Make good memories" and I believe we did. I think Noah and Eli will always remember this one day adventure.
Life is short. I hope I remember to actually think about making good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment