Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Life

by Kay Heitsch
When I put the quote on about life today I thought about a poem I heard many years ago. It went something like this. Only one life it will soon be past. Only what's done for Christ will last.
I think this poem may have a point. "Only one life it will soon be past." Our life here is but a breathe according to the Bible. Here today and gone tomorrow. We never know when our last day may be. I sure didn't know the day Todd (16) walked out the back door that it was his last. Life can happen very quickly.
Now the line, "Only what's done for Christ will last." I believe this is also true. The Bible talks about casting our crowns before Him when we get to Heaven. Why would people do that? Could it be they know that whatever good they did on this earth, they only did, by allowing Christ's Spirit to work through them?
"Life is like a coin. You can spend it anyway you wish, but you only spend it once."

No comments:

Post a Comment