Tuesday, April 19, 2016

It's A Choice

by Kay Heitsch
Is being happy really a choice?
Today's quote, "Choosing to be positive and having a grateful attitude is going to determine how you're going to live your life." This quote took me back in time when I had to make this choice.
I didn't 'feel' positive back then. I don't always 'feel' positive now either. I've had, like most people, a lot of life situations that had left me angry, bitter, and as a result negative. Was it really a choice I could make to be happy after all I had been through?
Of course, the hardest blow life threw me was the sudden death of our son, Todd. It was after his death I learned I had a choice to be happy. It was my choice and no one was able to make that choice, except me.
I found the Bible text "This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24 NASB I typed it out. Next to it I typed, I CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY TODAY!
Every day as I read this text over and over I started to think and act in a more positive way. This simple Bible verse actually started to change my way of thinking. My attitude began to change as I put it into practice. As a result, the way I live my life has changed too.
Choosing to be positive and having a grateful attitude has made each day happier.
Is being happy really a choice? Yes, it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment