Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Adjust Your Sails

by Kay Heitsch
Yesterday my neighbor Ray posted a "Winter Storm Watch" on my fb page. Looks like we'll be getting 8 more inches of snow tomorrow. That's right, the little RED shovel may be getting another workout.
At first I felt frustrated and thought about how heavy this snow was going to be because today it's suppose to be close to 60.
This morning I was looking for a quote to put on fb. I hit on, "When you can't change the direction of the wind...adjust your sails."
Pretty obvious I can't change the direction of the wind, so I'll need to adjust my sails (attitude).
I'm still learning as Paul did in Philippians 4:12 when he said, "I have learned to be content in every situation..." I may not be there yet, but I know, "I can do all things through Him who gives me the strength."
I took the "Let It Snow" plaque off of the porch. But I see it may snow anyway. I better put the birdbath back in the garage too.

No comments:

Post a Comment