Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Three Little Words

By Kay Heitsch

The first 3 little words I highlighted in my Bible were, "What is truth?" John 18:38 I always turned to this verse. Every day, I prayed and opened my Bible. I would say, "Yes, this is what I want to know."
I needed to learn and unlearn many things to find the truth I was looking for. This didn't happen overnight, but my eyes were opened slowly, and I found more freedom.
The more I understood, the more I wanted to live the life Jesus died to give me. I didn't feel rotten about myself, but I wanted to give up some wrong mindsets to live this life. It was a want to, not a have to, if you know what I mean.
We all have been taught different things in life. If you grew up in a legalistic background, there may be things you need to learn and unlearn with the help of the Holy Spirit to set you free.
Our Bible verse says. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. John 8:32 NIV
I love this verse because it has proven true in my life. The truth has set me free! I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment