Monday, October 7, 2024

Choose Your Response

By Kay Heitsch

Stress is not what happens to us. It is our response to what happens. And the response is something we can choose. ~ Keep Strife Out Of Your Life Quotes ~
Stress and strife are not my friends! My personality is more on the high-strung side. For my health and well-being, I need to do what I can to stay calm and remove stress and strife from my life.
I've found a few ways to try to keep calm. Minding my own business is one, and snoozing or blocking upsetting sites on the internet is another. I'm not going to argue with people when I disagree. My silence does not mean I agree, but choose to agree to disagree.
Our Bible verse says. Stay away from stupid and senseless arguments, knowing that they generate strife. 2 Timothy 2:23
I like how the Bible calls these strife-causing situations stupid and senseless. We may need to choose our response carefully to avoid strife.
Stress is not what happens to us. It is our response to what happens. And the response is something we can choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment