Wednesday, June 5, 2024

When You Disappoint Yourself

By Kay Heitsch

It hurts to be disappointed by someone you are counting on, but it hurts even more when you disappoint yourself. ~ Disappointment Quotes ~
We had a situation where I was very disappointed in some work done around our home. When we hire a professional, I feel I can relax and count on them to do a professional job. Well, I was very disappointed!
That being said, I was more disappointed in the way I responded. I felt furious! Did I have a right to be upset? Yes, I did. But I could have handled it better. Thank God I didn't say anything to the people I was furious with. I let Bill handle it. But still, I said plenty to Bill! I'm disappointed with myself!
Our Bible verse says. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26
My flesh sure failed me. I allowed my feelings to get out of control, but God is the strength of my heart, and He has not failed me!
It hurts to be disappointed by someone you are counting on, but it hurts even more when you disappoint yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment