Sunday, September 15, 2024

Natural + Supernatural

By Kay Heitsch

If you do the natural, God will do the supernatural. If you do the ordinary, God will do the extraordinary. ~ With God All Things Are Possible Quotes ~
I have found this to be so true in my life's journey. I had to do something natural, even weird things, and God stepped in and did the supernatural.
My story about burying the bird is a perfect example of God bringing about supernatural healing when I did the natural by burying a dead bird.
Our Bible verse says. With God, all things are possible. Matthew 19:26
When we include God in our everyday life, He can do the impossible.
If you do the natural, God will do the supernatural. If you do the ordinary, God will do the extraordinary.
Below in the comments is the story, Bury The Bird

1 comment:

  1. Bury The Bird By Kay Heitsch
    Around six months after my son Todd's death, my younger son Brandon (then three) began stuttering. You see, Brandon and I went for a walk each night, and about this time, we saw a dead, decaying bird lying on the side of the road. Brandon called the bird "dead, just like Todd." He spoke of Todd often, and many people suggested that he needed professional help to deal with Todd's death. I took the problem right to the Lord.
    As I prayed about Brandon's problem, it seemed that the Lord was telling me to bury the bird. But I argued against this. After all, I did not wish to have to bury every dead animal we might see; I did not even want to touch this one!
    Finally, I gave in. We scooped up the bird in a bucket and brought it home. We dug a hole in the yard, and we talked. I told Brandon to shake and call the bird; I did the same. I then said to him that only Jesus could wake the little bird. I quoted the Bible and told him that one day, Jesus would come back and call loudly, and all who loved Him would come alive again. I said we would see Todd the minute Jesus woke him.
    The following day, when Brandon woke up, he did not stutter, and he had not stuttered since that date--the six-month anniversary of Todd's death. A miracle? Yes, I believe it was, and even though the idea of burying the bird seemed ridiculous to me, it had been the answer to my prayers. I did the natural, and God did the supernatural.

    ReplyDelete